6.3.4-rc4 crashes - because mailbox is full

Fri Aug 12 07:39:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:51:25 +0100, Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Sorry for not looking into the problem more before my previous post, but
> I've just realised that the user's remote mailbox is full!
>
> Would there be any chance of a more meaningful error message when this
> happens?

Hi there,
today is your lucky day. Since 24h, the code in the next branch contains:

            if typ != 'OK': #APPEND failed
                raise OfflineImapError("Saving msg in folder '%s', repository "
                    "'%s' failed. Server reponded; %s %s\nMessage content was:"
                    " %s" % (self, self.getrepository(), typ, dat, dbg_output),
                                       OfflineImapError.ERROR.MESSAGE)

BTW, this happened independently from your report, but was done to cater
exactly those situations as you experienced.

So the next stable release will output more sensible error reports.