6.3.4-rc4 crashes - because mailbox is full

Fri Aug 12 13:27:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 11:43:42 +0100, Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I'm now unsure how to deal with the full mailbox issue though.
>
> If I exclude the 'Sent' folder (which is very large) from offlineimap,
> it still fails because the remote mailbox is still full.  So I could
> delete all the emails from the remote 'Sent' folder, which would free up
> space and allow offlineimap to work again.  But if in the future I want
> to include 'Sent' in offlineimap's synchronisation, will it locally
> delete all the emails I deleted remotely, or will it resend the local
> Sent emails to the remote end?  (I'd want it to do the latter.)

You can:
1)Empty the remote Sent folder (but keep it existing)

2)Delete the LocalStatus entries pertaining to emails in the Sent folder to
pretend they are new on the local end and not deleted on the remote end.
  This would mean deleting a single file, such as
   ~/.offlineimap/Account-FOO/LocalStatus/Sent

3)Use folderfilter directive to exclude the Sent folder from being
synced, eg folderfilter: lambda f: f not in ['Sent']

4) Remove the folderfilter directive once you want to repopulate your
remote Sent filter.

HTH