Flags as set problematic ?

Vincent Beffara vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr
Mon Aug 22 12:17:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

The change introducing sets for storing flags internally seems to
introduce problems ... I have this in my .offlineimap.py:

> import offlineimap.imaputil as IU
> if not hasattr(IU, 'monkeypatchdone'):
>     IU.flagmap += [('gnus-expire','E'),
>                    ('gnus-dormant', 'Q'),
>                    ('gnus-save', 'V'),
>                    ('gnus-forward', 'W')]
>     IU.monkeypatchdone = True

and a run adding I believe gnus-expire to one of the messages tells me
this (rewrapped to make gnus happy, sorry !):

> ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
> ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for allimap folder INBOX:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/Users/vincent/Prog/offlineimap/offlineimap/accounts.py",
> line 350, in syncfolder
> remotefolder.syncmessagesto(localfolder, statusfolder)
> File "/Users/vincent/Prog/offlineimap/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
> line 441, in syncmessagesto
> traceback.format_exc()))
> TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

Is it my fault, or is there a problem somewhere ? I am attaching a
complete IMAP log to this message. BTW, switching back to commit 373e7cd
fixes everything, but 466ded0 shows the same traceback.

Cool that execution still proceeds after an error, by the way, it feels
much more robust !

Cheers,

        /v