[bug] logging should flush each message

Mon Aug 29 09:09:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 15:37:26 -0800, Dave Abrahams <dave at boostpro.com> wrote:

> In most cases, nothing is written to my offlineimap.log file until
> offlineimap actually exits.  That's not very useful.
> Also, offlineimap wipes the logfile for each run instead of appending.
> Not very useful either.

Yep, it uses a custom log file thingie. I have a minimal branch that
converts OfflineImap to use the standard "logging" facility that python
offers. Is anyone interested in the code I have? I haven't tested with
anything but the TTYUI ui so far, not sure how blinkenlights would
fare. I attach the patch to this mail for people wanting to try it out
(and see if it flushes properly etc).