OfflineIMAP crashes after resuming when IDLE is active

Julien Valroff julien at debian.org
Wed Aug 31 05:11:44 UTC 2011

[ please CC me in all your answers, I'm not subscribed to the list ]

Hi there,

I know it is still an experimental feature, but prefer reporting: when
resuming from suspend/hibernation (and probably after being disconnected
from the network for some time), OfflineIMAP crashes due to the fact the
IMAP server times out.

I have read that this was a known problem for a long time which was fixed in
the 6.3.4 release, and I can confirm everything works perfectly provided
IDLE is disabled.

In case it is enabled, OfflineIMAP needs to be restarted by hand, I couldn't
even find a way to make it start again automatically as it was the case
before (using pgrep in cron or a `while true` loop).

I do not have any traceback to supply there but can provide one tonight if
needed.

Cheers,
Julien

--
  .''`.   Julien Valroff ~ <julien at kirya.net> ~ <julien at debian.org>
 : :'  :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor