umask of messages

Tim Gray lists+offimap at protozoic.com
Wed Aug 31 14:20:04 UTC 2011

I just noticed that the umask on messages synced by offlineimap are not
what I expect.  Obviously this is a low-urgency situation, but maybe
someone has an idea as to what's going on.  It looks like mails coming
in from the IMAP server are set to 755.  Mails that I save to my local
folder (in mutt) have a 600 mask.  Once offlineimap syncs that message
back to the server, it becomes 700.

Any ideas?  I'm running 0c0d0c0cfd4f18.  For what it's worth, messages
older than around June 15th have 644 umasks.  I know I've changed some
things around since then like updating offlineimap from git and
switching Python versions (from 2.7.2 from python.org running on OS X
10.6 -> the same version running on OS X 10.7 -> the OS X supplied
version of 2.7 on OS X 10.7), but the upgrading of OS X and changing
Python versions happened after mid to late July though.