New local emails don't get copied to the remote end

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 4 22:21:23 BST 2011

On 08/04/2011 05:11 PM, Chris Dennis wrote:
> Hello offlineimap people
>
> I'm new to offlineimap, and have been trying to get it to synchronise
> two IMAP accounts properly. It nearly works, except that new local
> emails don't get copied to the remote server.
>
> My .offlineimaprc is something like the following. Have I missed something?
>
> [general]
> metadata = ~/.offlineimap
> accounts = Test
> maxsyncaccounts = 1
> ui = Basic
> ignore-readonly = no
> [ui.Curses.Blinkenlights]
> statuschar = @
> [Account Test]
> localrepository = LocalIMAP
> remoterepository = RemoteExample
> [Repository LocalIMAP]
> type = IMAP
> remotehost = localhost
> remoteuser = chris
> remotepass = pppppp
> folderfilter = lambda foldername: 1
> [Repository RemoteExample]
> type = IMAP
> remotehost = imap.example.com
> ssl = yes
> remoteuser = uuu
> remotepass = ppp
> maxconnections = 2
> holdconnectionopen = yes
> keepalive = 60
> subscribedonly = no
> folderfilter = lambda foldername: 1
> readonly = False
>
> I'm running 6.3.4rc4 from github.
>
> regards
>
> Chris

Hmmm.  I removed the following lines from .offlineimaprc:

   folderfilter = lambda foldername: 1
   readonly = False

and now it DOES copy emails to the remote end.

The first few times I ran it with the new settings, it gave errors such as

   Copy message -131 MappedIMAP[INBOX] -> IMAP[INBOX]
   WARNING: ERROR attempting to copy message -131 for account
Test:Traceback (most recent call last):
     File
"/home/chris/bin/offlineimap/lib/python/offlineimap/folder/Base.py",
line 250, in copymessageto
       message = self.getmessage(uid)
     File
"/home/chris/bin/offlineimap/lib/python/offlineimap/folder/UIDMaps.py",
line 167, in getmessage
       return self._mb.getmessage(self.r2l[uid])
     File
"/home/chris/bin/offlineimap/lib/python/offlineimap/folder/IMAP.py",
line 215, in getmessage
       raise OfflineImapError(reason, severity)
   OfflineImapError: IMAP server 'LocalIMAP' does not have a message
with UID '847'

but eventually it ran with no errors, and seems to have copied
everything successfully.

Which is nice.

cheers

Chris