6.3.4-rc4 crashes - because mailbox is full

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 12 11:43:42 BST 2011

On 08/12/2011 08:39 AM, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:51:25 +0100, Chris Dennis<cgdennis at btinternet.com>  wrote:
>> Sorry for not looking into the problem more before my previous post, but
>> I've just realised that the user's remote mailbox is full!
>>
>> Would there be any chance of a more meaningful error message when this
>> happens?
>
> Hi there,
> today is your lucky day. Since 24h, the code in the next branch contains:
>
>              if typ != 'OK': #APPEND failed
>                  raise OfflineImapError("Saving msg in folder '%s', repository "
>                      "'%s' failed. Server reponded; %s %s\nMessage content was:"
>                      " %s" % (self, self.getrepository(), typ, dat, dbg_output),
>                                         OfflineImapError.ERROR.MESSAGE)
>

> BTW, this happened independently from your report, but was done to cater
> exactly those situations as you experienced.
>
> So the next stable release will output more sensible error reports.

That's great -- thank you.

I'm now unsure how to deal with the full mailbox issue though.

If I exclude the 'Sent' folder (which is very large) from offlineimap,
it still fails because the remote mailbox is still full.  So I could
delete all the emails from the remote 'Sent' folder, which would free up
space and allow offlineimap to work again.  But if in the future I want
to include 'Sent' in offlineimap's synchronisation, will it locally
delete all the emails I deleted remotely, or will it resend the local
Sent emails to the remote end?  (I'd want it to do the latter.)

cheers

Chris

Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK