Locally created mailboxes not synchronized to IMAP

Tue Aug 16 11:33:22 BST 2011

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:48:06 +0200, Vladimir Marek <Vladimir.Marek at Oracle.COM> wrote:
> > You are trying to map this with
> > re.sub('^outside/?', '', foldername)?
>
> Well, in previous mail you said:

> > > -        for dirname in os.listdir(toppath) + ['.']:
> > > +        for dirname in os.listdir(toppath):
> > >              self.debug("  *** top of loop")
> >
> > Careful here! I just had to fix this code as I had it broken before. We
> > do want to examine all directories *including* the current one. What is
> > the reason for removing this?
> > You are omitting the top directory now!
>
> I'm trying to make test case for it, so that I will know when I broke
> it :)

Ahh, I see.

1) This function deals with Maildirs, some of which might
not be generated by OfflineImap. And having "topdir/cur" is a valid
location for mail, this is why we always need to scan for the top dir
too to see if it contains a maildir folder.

Creating such toplevel maildirs with offlineimap did not seem possible
due to the "empty folder lead to LocalStatus errors" that you were
seeing. I am not sure why we shouldn't allow MailDir folders starting
with '/' for what it's worth. They should just work (but that would
require testing too).