bug: 'str' object is not callable

Dave Abrahams dave at boostpro.com
Fri Aug 26 17:09:21 BST 2011

on Fri Aug 26 2011, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian-AT-SSpaeth.de> wrote:

>> That sounds like me!
>
> Yep, I would love to remove the EXPERIMENTAL warning in this cycle and
> convince people to switch to the sqlite cache by default as I think it
> is much better.

Hmm, maybe it's not quite ready yet?

ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for PersonalGMail folder .PersonalGMail: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 348, in syncfolder
    statusrepos.getsep()))
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/LocalStatus.py", line 87, in getfolder
    self.config)
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 73, in __init__
    self.upgrade_db(0)
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 123, in upgrade_db
    self.getfolderbasename(self.name))
TypeError: getfolderbasename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

  getfolderbasename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for Spam folder .[Gmail]/Spam: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 348, in syncfolder
    statusrepos.getsep()))
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/LocalStatus.py", line 87, in getfolder
    self.config)
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 73, in __init__
    self.upgrade_db(0)
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 123, in upgrade_db
    self.getfolderbasename(self.name))
TypeError: getfolderbasename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

  getfolderbasename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for ArchiveSync folder .[Gmail]/All Mail: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 348, in syncfolder
    statusrepos.getsep()))
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/LocalStatus.py", line 87, in getfolder
    self.config)
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 73, in __init__
    self.upgrade_db(0)
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 123, in upgrade_db
    self.getfolderbasename(self.name))
TypeError: getfolderbasename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

  getfolderbasename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
ERROR: ERROR in syncfolder for BoostPro folder .: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 348, in syncfolder
    statusrepos.getsep()))
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/repository/LocalStatus.py", line 87, in getfolder
    self.config)
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 73, in __init__
    self.upgrade_db(0)
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatusSQLite.py", line 123, in upgrade_db
    self.getfolderbasename(self.name))
TypeError: getfolderbasename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

  getfolderbasename() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

Also I note that it's sucking a whole lotta CPU; the fan on my laptop
spun up because of this change.

>> > Having plaintext status caches have advantages, eg in manual parsing and
>> > backup, an sqlite db involves way less writes. And as we will write out
>> > the full status file for every darn flag change on evey mail, syncs can
>> > involve LOTS of disk activity just for that. Switching to the sqlite
>> > backend is quite painless if you have a recently synced account, it will
>> > import your plaintext status cache (and leave the old one around in case
>> > you ever want to go back).

I went back. ;-P

--
Dave Abrahams