[solved] Re: something just broke my config?

Mon Aug 29 11:43:03 BST 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:28:46 +0200, Vladimir Marek <Vladimir.Marek at Oracle.COM> wrote:
> Still it should not crash. Would you mind sharing what makes offlineimap
> misbehave?

Easy one: set idlefolders= to some non-existing foldername and kaboom.

We should probably add sanity checking in the
repository/IMAP.py:getfolders() function where the folders are read in.
Either there (or calling a folder_sanity_checks function from there), we
could test if all folders in "idlefolders" actually exist and if not, we
warn and remove the folder from the list. (or alternatively exit with
a nice error?).

The reason to do it here and not in the IdleThread thing is that we have
launched quite a few threads by the time we get there and bubbling up
exceptions to parent threads is not possible atm. The getfolders which
is called from the account main thread on the other hand, can easily
throw either FOLDER, REPOSITORY, or even CRIT errors. Plus, sanity
checks at the beginning make sense.

Do you want to come up with a patch? Or should I have a look?