Delete a message in Gmail Inbox

Thu Dec 1 10:06:24 UTC 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 15:44:07 +0100, KeDal <kedals0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The language of my Gmail mailbox was french and imap folder names are
> not same than in english.
> Even with realdelete option, it was impossible to delete a message from
> INBOX (and I've explicitly specified trash folder name).
>
> I've solved the problem by switching to english language. Then, it works.

Take a look at the sample offlineimap.conf, it explains how to use that:

# The trash folder name may be different from [Gmail]/Trash
# for example on german googlemail, this setting should be
# trashfolder = [Google Mail]/Papierkorb
# The same is valid for the spam folder
# spamfolder = [Google Mail]/Spam

The thing is, we should be able to autodetect Gmails "special" folder
names, it's just that no one has yet implemented this yet.