Folder creation and deletion

sebastian at sspaeth.de sebastian at sspaeth.de
Tue Dec 6 12:51:50 UTC 2011

> now that we have the shiny remote folder creation and bidirectional
> nametrans, how about remote folder deletion?  E.g. if two folders are in
> sync, and I delete the entire folder locally, could OfflineIMAP delete
> it remotely?

Hi Thomas,

it seems that the shiny folder creation has broken enough to warrant a
stabilizing/fixing period before I even start to think about new features.

Handling reported broken folder filtering, and the dreaded "DUplicate
mailbox" folder creation, as well as getting the revamped logging
infrastructure into master is more than enough for me to cope with.

It seems that IMAP<->IMAP is currently somewhat broken too, so I'll say no
to any feature request for now...

> Also, there is a minor inconsistency with folder creation.  When a
> folder does not exist locally, but is to be created, then the first run
> bails out with:
>
> ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
>  ERROR: Aborting sync, folder 'gmx.OpenMoko' [acc: 'GMX']
>   getfolder() asked for a nonexisting folder 'gmx.OpenMoko'.
>
> Despite this error, the local folder is created and the next run
> successfully syncs it.

Yeah, I noticed that too. One more thing that needs fixing.