need some documentation on folderfilter and nametrans

Thu Dec 1 21:08:41 GMT 2011

https://github.com/nicolas33/offlineimap/blob/master/docs/MANUAL.rst#readme
https://github.com/nicolas33/offlineimap/blob/master/docs/FAQ.rst#readme

> examples will also help. I couldn't understand much from the official
> readme file.
> I have 2 machines - A and B. I want to sync mails currently in A's
> Maildir/ into B's Maildir/old-mails/ and not in INBOX.

? I don't really get that setup, but apparently what you want to do is:

on repoA:
folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername.startswith('Maildir')
nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^Maildir\.', 'Maildir\old-mail',
            foldername)

(This selects all folders below "Maildir/*" and translates them to
"Maildir/old-mails/*"

and on repoB:
folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername.startswith('Maildir/old-mails')

(to make sure, only folders that we want to look at are synchronized).

But offlineimap is so flexible, there will be a hundred ways to achieve
the same solution.

Does this help?