config assistance [errno.ECONNREFUSED]

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Thu Dec 15 15:22:40 GMT 2011

Hi All.

It's been ages since my last post. Truth is, I dropped oli some time ago
due mostly for my lack of ability in troubleshotting issues in sup
mail(my one and only reason for using oli). I'm trying to get back into
sup and oli because despite my aforementioned lack in self-help I was
still more effecient than with a gui MUA...That said, I've ran into a
really basic issue in configuring oli...Here's[1] the output I'm seeing
after creating my offlineimaprc[2]. I suspect this has something to do
with my shared hosting enviro in that the host doesn't implement true
certs so perhaps it's failing that process. -although based on my
knowledge of oli it doesn't actually check certs I think!?

I'm running Debian in mixed stable/testing (Squeeze/Wheezy). Here[3] are
some relevant pkg versions.

Thanks in advance,
Phil

ref.
[1]
Account sync PLC:
 ***** Processing account PLC
 Copying folder structure from IMAP to Maildir
 Establishing connection to mail.mydomain.com:143.
 WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account 'PLC':
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 177,
in syncrunner
    self.sync()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 235,
in sync
    remoterepos.syncfoldersto(localrepos, [statusrepos])
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/repository/Base.py",
line 124, in syncfoldersto
    srcfolders = src.getfolders()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/repository/IMAP.py",
line 276, in getfolders
    imapobj = self.imapserver.acquireconnection()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/imapserver.py", line
323, in acquireconnection
    elif isinstance(e, socket.error) and e.args[0] ==
errno.ECONNREFUSED:
NameError: global name 'errno' is not defined

[2]
[general]
accounts = PLC
metadata = ~/.offlineimap

[Account PLC]
localrepository = Local
remoterepository = Remote

[Repository Local]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/mail

[Repository Remote]
type = IMAP
remotehost = mail.mydomain.com
remoteuser = user at mydomain.com
remotepass = password

[3] all these are from deb testing repo...
Ruby1.8 1.8.7.352-2
sup-mail 0.12.1-1