Folder could not be created

Thu Dec 1 10:00:05 GMT 2011

On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:12:13 +0000, Thomas Weißschuh wrote:
>  Creating new IMAP folder '<folder1>.' on server <Account1>
>  ERROR: Creating folder <folder2>/<subfolder21> on repository Local
>  Folder '<folder1>.'<account> could not be created. Server responded:
>    ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. The folder name provided already exists.'])
>  ERROR: Folder '<folder1>.'[<account>] could not be created. Server responded:
>    ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. The folder name provided already exists.'])

It is weird that you have a foldername ending with a dot. There have
been a few changes to the code though since 6.4.0.

> It seems that the code after:
>    (./offlineimap/repository/Baseo.py  line 172 in git:51164c4)
>    # Find new folders on dst_repo.
>    for dst_name, dst_folder in dst_hash.iteritems():
>
> should do the separator replacement before the "if"-clause and check
> against this.

No, there should be no folder separator at the "end" of a folder name in
any case. Can you:

a) Try the "next" branch of my git repo, to see if it has been
fixed. There have been a few changes since
6.4.0. (git://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap.git)

b) On that branch, run a "./offlineimap.py --info" to see what folders
exist and how they would get translated and send that (privately if your
folder names are confidential)?