Folder could not be created

Thomas Weißschuh thomas_weissschuh at lavabit.com
Thu Dec 1 17:28:55 GMT 2011

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 05:11:47PM +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 17:11:47 +0100
> From: Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at SSpaeth.de>
> To: Thomas Weißschuh <thomas_weissschuh at lavabit.com>,
>  offlineimap-project at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Folder could not be created
>
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:12:13 +0000, Thomas Weißschuh wrote:
> > Since upgrading to 6.4.0 (also applies to git:51164c4) offlineimap always
> > terminates with messages like following:
> > (note the trailing "." on folder1)
>
> Aye, this is the same bug as has been described by Peter Lewis
> <pete at muddygoat.org> on Nov 24th. It occurred when using a Maildir with
> a "/" as folder separator and it has just been fixed in both the master
> and next branches of my repository at
> git://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap.git
>
> This is the fixing commit:
> https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap/commit/3bc68ecd6574d654d87acac912227b33853a4f99
>
> Let me know if this works for you now.

I did: (Note the folder it tries to create locally)

$ cd offlineimap
$ git checkout --force origin/master
    Previous HEAD position was 61e50b3... v6.3.4
    HEAD is now at 5f3ac2c... Release v6.4.2

$ python2 ./offlineimap.py
     OfflineIMAP 6.4.2
    Copyright 2002-2011 John Goerzen & contributors.
    Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version).

    Account sync Lavabit:
     *** Processing account Lavabit
     Establishing connection to lavabit.com:993
     Creating new IMAP folder '' on server Lavabit
     ERROR: Creating folder Computer/Novell on repository Local
      Folder ''[Lavabit] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. An internal server error occurred while trying to create the new folder. Please try again later.'])
     ERROR: Folder ''[Lavabit] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. An internal server error occurred while trying to create the new folder. Please try again later.'])
     *** Finished account 'Lavabit' in 0:05

    ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
     ERROR: Creating folder Computer/Novell on repository Local
      Folder ''[Lavabit] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. An internal server error occurred while trying to create the new folder. Please try again later.'])
     ERROR: Folder ''[Lavabit] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. An internal server error occurred while trying to create the new folder. Please try again later.'])

$ git checkout --force origin/next
    Previous HEAD position was 5f3ac2c... Release v6.4.2
    HEAD is now at 50e78a8... Release v6.4.2

$ python2 ./offlineimap.py
    OfflineIMAP 6.4.2
      Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
    Account sync Lavabit:
     *** Processing account Lavabit
     Establishing connection to lavabit.com:993
     Creating new IMAP folder '' on server Lavabit
     ERROR: Creating folder  on repository Lavabit
      Folder ''[Lavabit] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. An internal server error occurred while trying to create the new folder. Please try again later.'])
     ERROR: Folder ''[Lavabit] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. An internal server error occurred while trying to create the new folder. Please try again later.'])
     *** Finished account 'Lavabit' in 0:06
    ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
    ERROR: Creating folder  on repository Lavabit
      Folder ''[Lavabit] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. An internal server error occurred while trying to create the new folder. Please try again later.'])
    ERROR: Folder ''[Lavabit] could not be created. Server responded: ('NO', ['CREATE Failed. An internal server error occurred while trying to create the new folder. Please try again later.'])

I'll send you the output of $(offlineimap --info) privately.

Thank you for writing offlineimap :-)

Regards,
Thomas