[Bug] Re: SSL3_WRITE_PENDING:bad write retry

Wed Feb 2 10:14:01 UTC 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 21:12:02 +0300, Ivan Semin <ivun at wirebyte.com> wrote:
> The bug appeared again. Now I am setting UI to Noninteractive.Basic,
> limiting the sync to one account and running offlineimap -1 &> somelog.txt
> Here is the log contents:
>

> OfflineIMAP 6.2.0

Do note that in 6.2.0 the -1 option behaves differently from recent
versions. In 6.2.0 we still spawn threads, they are just limited to 1
per account and folder. In recent versions we really don't spawn threads
with the -1 option.

That having said, something seems to be closing SSL connections. That
could be the mail server, that could be a flaky network connection or it
could be a bug in the openssl library.

I believe the right thing would be to catch the correct exception and
the right place, and to close down the connection properly and retry
with a new SSL connection.
I still haven't looked deeply into how the thread pool works, so I am
not sure what we should be doing. One thing that will help is if we can
see at which places we get exactly which exceptions.

For this, the recent patches to print exceptions using "traceback.*"
will certainly help.