Sigterm Handler causing exception

Christian Holme cholme at gmx.com
Sun Feb 13 10:27:55 UTC 2011

Hello,
I am fairly new to using offlineimap and I have encountered the following problem:
When I send the SIGTERM signal to offlineimap, it exits with the following exception:

    Main program terminated with exception:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/init.py", line 344, in run
        threadutil.exitnotifymonitorloop(threadutil.threadexited)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/offlineimap/threadutil.py", line 125, in exitnotifymonitorloop
        thrd = exitthreads.get(True, 60)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/Queue.py", line 177, in get
        self.not_empty.wait(remaining)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 257, in wait
        _sleep(delay)
    TypeError: sigterm_handler() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

    No debug messages were logged for MainThread.

Now, since offlineimap does have a Sigterm handler, this does not seem to be "working as intended".

If I understand it correctly, the problem lies wihtin the call of the Sigterm handler. So I went into the source code
and removed the 'self' argument from it and recompiled. Now it seems to be working correctly (writing out
"terminating..." and exiting).
Now, since I do not really know any Python and therefore do not know what my problem really was, so I am asking here.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Greetings,
Christian