About distribution maintainers ([ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.0 released)

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Sun Feb 13 12:35:18 UTC 2011

Hi Nicholas,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 07:19:16PM +0100, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> > I'll also try and spend some time pushing all the debian bugs into the
> > upstream bug tracker.
>
> Which "upstream bug tracker" are you talking about?

So I'm finally getting around to updating the debian package and
pushing it into debian. I've got a couple of question around how the
project is going to be managed moving forwards. Apologies if I've
missed any emails regarding this on the list.

First re my statement above. Is there going to be an "upstream"
bugtracker? i.e. How do you intend to track bugs in offlineimap so
they don't get lost? Have you though about turning on the Issues
feature in Github?

Are you intending on releasing tar balls or just using the autocreated
downloads via tags on github? My preference, which I'm guessing would
be similar for other distro maintainers is to create proper tar
balls, so they have sane naming.

The way I've done this for other projects is to just use git archive
to create the tar ball and the upload it to the github downloads page.

Cheers,
John

--
John