Help with synchronsiation configuration

HeX dietmarw at gmx.de
Thu Feb 24 14:58:05 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I'm really struggling getting offlineimap to work the way I like it. So
far I could not really find the right documentation for this so perhaps
you can help me.

My user case is the following. I like to sync one normal IMAP account
with a Gmail account. More accurately everything in the 'normal' account
should be synched to the Gmail account under a certain 'LABEL' (i.e.,
folder).

My configuration looks like this:

[general]
accounts = Test
ui = TTY.TTYUI

[Account Test]
localrepository = NORMAL
remoterepository = Gmail

[Repository NORMAL]
type = IMAP
remotehost = imap.example.org
remoteuser = foo
remotepass = ****
ssl = yes

[Repository Gmail]
type = Gmail
remoteuser = foo
remotepass = ****
ssl = yes
realdelete = no
folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in  ['LABEL']

Offlinemap works along but in the end both mail accounts stay the same.
I tried already swapping local and remote repository but local does not
like 'Gmail' as type (bug?). So I must be missing something obvious and
am more than happy of one could point out where I've failed miserably...

Thanks,
HeX