Syncing Mailboxes With Subfolders to a Subfolder on Another IMAP Mailbox

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Wed Jan 12 13:58:39 UTC 2011

Hi.

This is my third or forth attempt at seeking assistance with this idea I
have. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself correctly or what I want is
simply not possible but I haven't had a single response so I have no
idea if it's either...

GOAL: Synchronize select folders -including it's subdirs- from an IMAP
server to select subfolders on another IMAP server.

I'm almost there with this config:

 1 [general]
  2 accounts = testing1
  3 maxsyncaccounts = 2
  4 metadata = ~/.oli-test
  5
  6 [Account testing1]
  7 localrepository = testing1-Local
  8 remoterepository = testing1-Remote
  9
 10
 11
 12
 13
 14 [Repository testing1-Remote]
 15 type = IMAP
 16 remotehost = mail.domain1.com
 17 remoteuser = user at domain1.com
 18 remotepass = pass
 19 nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.*',
'INBOX.fake_inbox', foldername)
 20 folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in ['INBOX',
'INBOX.fake_inbox.sub1', 'INBOX.fake_inbox.sub2',
'INBOX.fake_inbox.Sent']
 21
 22 [Repository testing1-Local]
 23 type = IMAP
 24 remotehost = mail.domain2.com
 25 remoteuser = user at domain2.com
 26 remotepass = pass
 27 nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.*',
'INBOX.fake_inbox', foldername)
 28 folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in ['helpsys',
'INBOX.fake_inbox.sub1', 'INBOX.fake_inbox.sub2',
'INBOX.fake_inbox.Sent']

So with this I get the desired effect of the my root becoming
INBOX.fake_inbox in my mailbox. this fixed my initial issue of my INBOXs
to colliding.

PROBLEM: I can't get sub1 and 2 to sync.

QUESTION: Any idea why?

BACKGROUND NFO: OfflineIMAP 6.2.0, remote is Courier and local is Cyrus

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Phil