Singlethreading patch series

Wed Jan 12 16:01:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:48:58 +0100, Johannes Stezenbach <js at sig21.net> wrote:
> Basically commit 30344587 fixed one problem and introduced
> another one.  And if that regression is fixed your whole
> KeyboardInterrupt and SystemExit issue does not exist anymore.

I agree. You would just fix the regression and the single-threadedness
at the same time. While I propose to just shove in my patches as they
are (I am too lazy to rework them), and fix the regression afterwards
(which would basically do away with patches 1-2 and merge patch 3
AFAIK). I don't really care which way we want to go. But I think
Exception handling is a different topic than single-threadedness, so I
would tend to fix that regression separately too.

> In summay, one could say exception handling is for
> _handling_ exceptions, not for ignoring them.
> Unless you want to ignore them on purpose, of course ;-)

A much better way to express my rambling, yes :).