Support for TLS

Johannes Stezenbach js at sig21.net
Sat Jan 22 20:59:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 06:44:16PM +0100, Eshat Cakar wrote:

> offlineimap seems to not support STARTTLS connections.
> I tried to activate ssl and set the port to 143 but the connection can not be
> established. I get the following message:
>
> WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account remote: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:490: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
>
> Other combination do not work either.
> Since TLS is the new default (according to RFC) I would be happy if you could
> implement support for it.

It would be great to to make protocol version configurable.
For TLS, I guess you need to add ssl_version=ssl.PROTOCOL_TLSv1 to the
ssl.wrap_socket() arguments.  See the Debian bug below for
similar issue with SSLv3-only server.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general/2171

Johannes