offlineimap.org, dev testing area and more...

Mon Jan 24 10:03:28 UTC 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011 13:22:54 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier <support at plecavalier.com> wrote:
> > I'd be offering a simple shared webhost, which is offered without
> > traffic limitations (but a fair use policy so I bet dreamhost.com would
> > complain quickly if we started to relay the world's internet traffic
> > through them).
> >
> > Access via FTP/SFTP or shell. I could also set up a wiki/joomla or
> > whatever people who would be doing some web work prefer....
> No offense but I used to have shared hosting before I moved to VPS and I
> don't think it would be wise to move any serious project to such an
> environment.

No offense taken, and if you would be willing to provide the webspace,
I'd be happy enough to just point the nameservers to whereever you want
:-).
If you give me an IP, I can do that right away.

> So I think it's clear we're looking to centralize around a site hosted
> somewhere(do we vote on this -how will we the community decided where
> it's hosted). We all want the most reliable & cost-free environment for
> the project. My offer still stands but if we don't like private enviros
> like the one I and a few others are offering what's left?

I guess Nicolas will have to make a call whether he wants that as
*official* home or not. But we can set up the offlineimap.org already
and have people create content for it. If not official, it can always be
an unofficial portal :-).