offlineimap.org, dev testing area and more...

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Jan 24 19:31:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:09:54PM -0500, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 11:03 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
>
> > I guess Nicolas will have to make a call whether he wants that as
> > *official* home or not. But we can set up the offlineimap.org already
> > and have people create content for it. If not official, it can always be
> > an unofficial portal :-).
> Alright. Well, this is a good start. It'd be nice if it were the
> "official" site otherwise our effort is somewhat in vein.

I'd like it to be the official home site, for sure. But we must have the
hands free to update the content and encourage updates from other.
Having an official home site means to have it up-to-date.

IMHO, the best way to achieve it is to either set up a wiki or have
content hosted in a public git repository.

Whatever the technical solution is used (you may have better things in
mind), I would annouce it as _official_ only if the above is satisfied
(which is probably what you already had in mind too, I guess).

Side note: a public git repository is nice because it's an archive we
can rely on in case of problems. People work can't be lost forever. ,-)