offlineimap.org, dev testing area and more...

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Jan 25 17:53:00 UTC 2011

http://offlineimap.org works fine; thanks.

> I see that Nicolas updated the content to basically already provide all
> the information that should be on that page. Now, all it takes is to
> pretty it up a bit as a web page :-). Any takers?

Yes, there are ways of improvments. :-)

> I presume we should move to the gh-pages branch in Nicolas' repository,
> although there is no hurry to do so. This being git, we can easily merge
> anytime. Should we do the same model for the web as for offlineimap?

The web site should have its own life, IMHO. The current README was just a
good point to start.

> That is, sending patches to Nicolas, or should we have a more open policy towards
> changes on the web site?

I don't know what you mean by "open policy" but one should have rights
to update the content (from contributions).

> I am taking patches for content now. :)
> My gh-pages branch is freshly forked from Nicolas' and is here:
> https://github.com/spaetz/offlineimap/tree/gh-pages

Nice. I'm fine with you as the maintainer of the website if you want to.
I will merge changes from upstream maintainer of the web site.

I'll update the README to reflect such change when we'll have a
consensus about who will maintain the website.