IOError, can't work out what's going wrong

Josh Holland jrh at joshh.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 18:17:25 UTC 2011

Hi list,

Just today, my hard disk filled up and offlineimap stopped working. Fair
enough, I thought, cleared some old cruft and fired it up again. But
it's still presenting the same error.

It's not immediately critical, as it still seems to pick up some mail,
but it's crashing before it gets a chance to do the whole lot, and not
managing to get through a whole run before autorefresh kicks in, so I'm
having to run it manually whenever I want it checked.

Here is the traceback:

Thread 'New msg sync from archive-2011-01' terminated with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/threadutil.py", line 149, in run
    Thread.run(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/folder/Base.py", line 223, in syncmessagesto_neguid_msg
    appendserver.savemessage(successuid, message, flags, rtime)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatus.py", line 130, in savemessage
    self.autosave()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatus.py", line 88, in autosave
    self.save()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/offlineimap/folder/LocalStatus.py", line 93, in save
    file = open(self.filename + ".tmp", "wt")
IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error: '/home/josh/.offlineimap/Account-Main/LocalStatus/archive-2011-01.tmp'

This is with offlineimap 6.2.0 from the Ubuntu 10.10 repositories; I
would test with the version from git master if it was working currently.

Thanks,

--
Josh Holland <jrh at joshh.co.uk>