bug in offlineimap 6.2.0 (Arch Linux package)

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer unhammer at fsfe.org
Fri Jan 28 09:11:36 UTC 2011

Hi,

sorry if this has been reported already, but I get a bug in the current
release 6.2.0 (Arch Linux).

Line 187 in imapserver.py says

        imapobj.login(self.username, self.repos.getpassword())

but this should be

        imapobj.login(self.username, self.getpassword())

Without this change, plain authentication does not work.
self.getpassword will ask if password is not set; self.repos.getpassword
will return None if password is not set, and instead of being asked for
a password, the only output is

MainThread:
 OfflineIMAP 6.2.0
Copyright (C) 2002 - 2009 John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org>
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see the file
COPYING for details.  This is free software, and you are welcome
to distribute it under the conditions laid out in COPYING.
Account sync gmail:
 ***** Processing account gmail
 Copying folder structure from Gmail to MappedIMAP
 Establishing connection to imap.gmail.com:993.
 WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account pixiemotion: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
 Next refresh in 300 seconds
 Next refresh in 290 seconds

(I find this serious enough to warrant a minor bugfix release.)

--
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

http://donttrack.us/ -- because you're worth it