More details on folder translator function

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Mon Jan 10 15:07:33 GMT 2011

Hi.

I'm trying to translate INBOX to INBOX.folder.subfolder so that all
mails in the INBOX on one IMAP server get synced to subfolder on another
IMAP server. I've managed to include/exclude all the folders I want on
both sides but I can quite seem to translate the folder name.

The INBOX on the recipient side is for another mail account so I don't
want the mails merged.

This is all I've come up with so far...

nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.', 'INBOX.folder.IN\.',
foldername)

Offlineimap isn't complaining with the above but it's not moving mail
into the desired folder but rather simply moving mail from INBOX to
INBOX which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks,
Phil