Support for TLS

Eshat Cakar info at eshat.de
Sat Jan 22 17:44:16 GMT 2011

Hello,

offlineimap seems to not support STARTTLS connections.
I tried to activate ssl and set the port to 143 but the connection can not be established. I get the following message:

WARNING: Error occured attempting to sync account remote: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:490: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Other combination do not work either.
Since TLS is the new default (according to RFC) I would be happy if you could implement support for it.

If I am doing anything wrong, please correct me.

Thanks in advance

Eshat Cakar