What version are we at?

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Tue Jan 25 18:14:07 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:55:15AM +0100, Thomas Schwinge wrote:
> Hallo!
>
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 07:27:09 +0700, Felix Hanley <felix at seconddrawer.com.au> wrote:
> > I am just wondering what version of OfflineIMAP it actually is?
> >
> > The Makefile says 4.0.16
>
> Wrong.  These Makefile rules (tarball creation) should be removed, if
> they're stale / if nobody's using them anymore.  (For sure the
> ``VERSION=[...]'' statement should be removed / changed.)

Ouch! I didn't think the makefile would mention the version. I guess we
could do some magic instead:

  - grep for the true version from offlineimap/__init__.py

or

  - implement a short python program to do so (perhaps a onliner)

or

  - implement a new option to OfflineIMAP to ouput the raw version only
    which could used in scripts (does anybody use OfflineIMAP from
    scripts?)

> > The git comments say 6.3.2
>
> Mostly correct.  v6.3.2-rc2 is the last pre-release; see its recent
> announcement.
>
> > The blinkenlights UI says 6.2.0
>
> Does it still do so with a recent version?

$ grep -R 6.2.0 *

gives me no output.