Crash with OfflineIMAP 6.3.4-rc2

Thu Jul 7 13:04:51 UTC 2011

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 13:59:27 +0200, Vladimir Marek wrote:
> I just noticed that offlineimap has a new home (thanks!) and decided to
> give it a go. I started fresh, wiping out my local storage. The mail
> started to sync happily, but at one point crashed:

Hi, and thanks for trying out OfflineImap again. I see that you are
using a fairly fresh checkout, but not fresh enough. :-)

What you are seeing is that getmessage() returns "None" which usually
happens when the UID that we requested has not been found on the
server. Could it be that you simultanously had something else syncing or
modifying the IMAP storage? This is a very long-standing bug that has
been fixed recently, as to ignore messages that are expected to be
there, but which are actually missing.

Try the current 'next' branch and see if you get the same traceback, it
should work better.