Fresh copy of large maildir

Christoph Höger christoph.hoeger at tu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 5 21:11:31 BST 2011

Hi all,

I have some fairly large maildirs now (> 2GB) and running offlineimap
plainly on them is quite ... slow.

So here's my question:

1. Is there some optimization for such a task (e.g. compressing bulks of
messages) already present or would that be a completely new work?

2. Rsync usually works fine, although it naturally keeps filenames.
Therefore I cannot simply rsync two maildirs (offlineimap will ignore
the present messages and effectively double the size). Could offlineimap
re-index a present folder offline?

--
Christoph Höger

Technische Universität Berlin
Fakultät IV - Elektrotechnik und Informatik
Übersetzerbau und Programmiersprachen

Sekr. TEL12-2, Ernst-Reuter-Platz 7, 10587 Berlin

Tel.: +49 (30) 314-24890
E-Mail: christoph.hoeger at tu-berlin.de