Downloading Sent folder at every sync

Lucas David-Roesler roesler.lucas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 02:35:38 BST 2011

I am using offlineimap to keep a local backup of my gmail account.  I have
run into an issue where it is deleting the local copy of my Sent folder and
re-downloading it every time I run offlineimap.  As far as  I can tell it is
not actually deleting anyting on the server, so it is not necessarily
causing an issue as far as the data is concerned.  It is taking a
(relatively) long time to do this since I have at 10 years of sent emails.
 This does cause an issue with using it with cron to do a backup every hour,
the new instance runs into the previous instance.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

~Lucas David-Roesler