Problem syncing mail - crash
Vladimir.Marek at Oracle.COM
Fri Jul 22 13:56:32 BST 2011
> git log v126.96.36.199..next
> git diff v188.8.131.52..next
So I played today with 184.108.40.206 and it seems to be broken in a way that
it actually works :)
What happens here is
1) new message is created in Maildir
2) message is copied to IMAP
"Copy message -1 Maildir[twiki] -> IMAP[twiki], LocalStatus[twiki]"
3) offlineimap tries to find it's UID, but fails
4) I _GUESS_ that the message in Maildir is deleted?
5) on next offlineimap run, we find new message in the IMAP folder and
sync it back to Maildir
"Copy message 41 IMAP[twiki] -> Maildir[twiki], LocalStatus[twiki]"
I'm not sure about 4), but I can see the message in Maildir just once.
The behavior in current 'next' branch is the same till 3)
3.5) the thread crashes
So that on next run, the message from Maildir is copied AGAIN to IMAP
PS. I submitted internal bug for our mail server, but I don't expect any
response. Not soon anyway :)
More information about the OfflineIMAP-project