RfC2060 compliance

Wed Jun 8 13:35:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 08:51:00 -0400 (EDT), Thorsten Scherf <tscherf at redhat.com> wrote:
> I recently noticed that offlineimap stopped working after an upgrade of our mailservers. The error message is "['Error in IMAP command SEARCH: Invalid search date parameter". After some debugging I found this log entry:
>
> Folder sync X[INBOX]: DEBUG[imap]:   04:18.57 > KDMO6 SEARCH (SINCE 05-June-2011)
> Folder sync X[INBOX]: DEBUG[imap]:   04:18.57 < KDMO6 BAD Error in IMAP command SEARCH: Invalid search date parameter
>
> According to RfC2060 the date format should be "05-Jun-2011", not "05-June-2011" and no () are allowed. Is this something that can be changed in the code to meet the RfC2060 requirements?

Yeah, a fix has already been on the way, but our maintainer is on
holidays. Our only consolation is that the python imaplib is not better,
and also sends invalid date formats (it uses localized date formats),
and the fix is still not in upstream python (which is why we have our
custom date parsers in the first place).