HEUREKA, Missing mails log snippet (found it)

Wed Jun 8 15:25:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:38:37 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> great Work! Is this behaviour specified in some RFC or is it the
> mailservers fault?

Well, the RFCs are certainly fuzzy enough to not specify it precisely,
although my interpretation of the FETCH description on page 53 of
http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/rfc/rfc3501.txt and the example given
therein does not seem to allow interspersed replies.

So, I would say it is something we should not necessarily expect, but
I've given up on expecting anything from IMAP servers, and we should
still try to cope with it. Technically, an OK, NO, or BAD signals the
end of the response, I guess, so I would wager, it is not allowed.