[RELEASE DRAFT] Re: Going on v6.3.4-rc2

Thomas Kahle tomka at gentoo.org
Tue Jun 14 21:02:29 UTC 2011

On 19:04 Tue 14 Jun     , Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 09:46:38PM +0200, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> >
> > 2011/6/13 Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net>:
> > >
> > > OfflineIMAP v6.3.4-rc1 is one month old. Also, with the recent bugfix
> > > about data loss in mind, I think it's time to move on next candidate.
> > >

> > > As usual, here is the shortlog against Changelog:
> >
> > Still no real tarball I assume ? :)
>
>   $ git clone offlineimap
>   $ cd offlineimap
>   $ make targz

Nicolas, sorry to bring this up again.  As a matter of policy in Gentoo
we don't install software that is pulled live from a VCS, we want
tarballs.  I also don't see why I as the maintainer should do the
packaging of tarballs everytime a new version is released.  It is
duplication of work because every maintainer for every distribution
would have to do that individually.

Since we have settled on github tarballs for now, please upload the tag
and let github do the tarballing.

Thanks,
Thomas