Message duplication

Vincent Beffara vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr
Fri Jun 24 00:19:55 UTC 2011

VB> But the thing is, the only diff in between is to replace "uid in
VB> self.messagelist" with "self.uidexists(uid)" and tracing through the
VB> code indicates that those should be exactly synonymous. So it seems
VB> impossible that the behavior would be different between the two
VB> versions - but it definitely is. That feels very weird. Not sure
VB> what more to do here ... I am staying with version 0318c6a for now.

I don't get it. I put debugging code in deletemessages_noconvert (one of
the only 2 places different across the 2 versions), like this :

        print [uid for uid in uidlist if uid in self.messagelist], \
              [uid for uid in uidlist if self.uidexists(uid)]

showing the output before and after the change. If the change is safe,
there shouldn't be a difference, right ? but there is, in the "bad
situations" the first version has the new message and the second one is
empty. And yet I cannot seem to reproduce a situation where uid in
self.messagelist and self.uidexists(uid) differ.

... I'm lost ...

    /v

--
|                 |   UMPA - ENS Lyon   | Mél: vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr |
| Vincent Beffara |  46 allée d'Italie  | Tél: (+33) 4 72 72 85 25  |