Just getting started. Why will IMAP <-> IMAP sync only do INBOX?

Christian Leue c.leue at mac.com
Wed Jun 15 16:26:59 BST 2011

Hello experts,

can you please help me get started with this fascinating tool? I am trying to
sync a Dovecot IMAP box with a Courier IMAP box.  The INBOX gets synced without
problems, but not the other folders even though, if I read properly,
"folderfilter = lambda foldername: 1" should do all folders?

Could one of you kindly point out what I'm doing wrong or what I missed?

Cheers,
Christian

These are the configuration settings:

[Account me]
localrepository = mehere
remoterepository = methere
[Repository mehere]
type = IMAP
remotehost = xxxxx
remoteuser = xxxxx
remotepass = xxxxx
subscribedonly = no
folderfilter = lambda foldername: 1
quick = 0
[Repository methere]
type = IMAP
remotehost = xxxxx
remoteuser = xxxxx
remotepass = xxxxx

Connecting with Telnet I get the following lists:

* OK Dovecot ready.
. login xxxxx xxxxx
. OK Logged in.
list
. list "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Deleted Messages"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Notes"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX"
. OK List completed.

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS]
Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright
1998-2004 Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
. login xxxxx xxxxx
. OK LOGIN Ok.
. list "" "*"
* LIST (\Unmarked \HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX"
. OK LIST completed