Gmail to "gmail apps" sync: ValueError: Backend could not find uid for message

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Mon Jun 27 17:42:09 BST 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 02:43:56PM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 02:22:17 -0700 (PDT), chris coleman wrote:
> > @Sebastian: What's your thoughts on fixing imaplib2 or offlineimap, so
> > they respond properly when an untagged CAPABILITIES response arrives
> > at any time.
>
> Piers, the imaplib2 maintainer (although Nicolas is basically taking
> over ;-))

Sorry but I won't. Piers retracted his offer. We had private discussions
about that and we couldn't find a consensus on some terms.

Of course, we are free to fork the library but it would ask manpower for
the development tasks. It may worth in the long term as we would have
more internal knowledge of our core library.

So, unless people come with patches for imaplib2 knowing that I'm open
to take the maintainance work, we will stick to the current project.