Server diagnostics implemented

Nicolas Sebrecht nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net
Thu Jun 30 17:40:01 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 03:24:16PM +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:

> Would this be useful for debugging and error reporting?

Good idea. This would need a new FAQ information so that users send this
while sending bug requests.

> E.g. a run with my Gmail and IMAP server looks like this:
> ./offlineimap.py diagnostics -a test

I don't think we use any kind of <ACTION> parameter like that. I would
expect the option --diagnostics with the two dashes.

Now, Gentoo uses the --info for the emerge program and I find that name
more natural.

Also, I hope the -a option is optionnal. ,-)

>  OfflineIMAP 6.3.4-rc2

> Copyright (C) 2002 - 2010 John Goerzen <john at complete.org>
>
> This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see the file
> COPYING for details.  This is free software, and you are welcome
> to distribute it under the conditions laid out in COPYING.

Would be nice to shoot out the copyright here as I would expect users
to send it on each request.