Maildir to Gmail/IMAP? (was: Simplify sync)

Fri Mar 25 11:59:32 UTC 2011

Hallo!

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 17:44, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:

> Pass 1 is never needed on an IMAP server (all messages always have a
> positive UID), it is only when uploading a new message from a Maildir.

This works (or at least, is supposed to… *G*)?

Ie. I should be able to upload from Maildir to IMAP (and also Gmail?)?

In my offlineimaprc, I've got http://nopaste.me/paste/4d8c82a8decf3 :

[...]

[Account local2skwar]
localrepository = skwar
remoterepository = Local

[Repository skwar]
type = IMAP
remotehost = imap.googlemail.com
ssl = yes
remoteuser = a at skwar.me
remotepass = xyz
maxconnections = 4
expunge = no
subscribedonly = no
realdelete = no

[Repository Local]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/Mail.offlineimap
sep = /

[...]

But http://nopaste.paefchen.net/3073 :

--($ ~/Src/oi/offlineimap)-- ./offlineimap.py -a local2skwar -u TTYUI
 OfflineIMAP 6.3.2
Copyright (C) 2002 - 2010 John Goerzen <john at complete.org>

This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see the file
COPYING for details.  This is free software, and you are welcome
to distribute it under the conditions laid out in COPYING.
Account sync local2skwar:
 ***** Processing account local2skwar
 Thread 'Account sync local2skwar' terminated with exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/i/Src/oi/offlineimap/offlineimap/threadutil.py", line 159, in run
    Thread.run(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/home/i/Src/oi/offlineimap/offlineimap/accounts.py", line 183,
in syncrunner
    self.remoterepos = Repository(self, 'remote')
  File "/home/i/Src/oi/offlineimap/offlineimap/repository/__init__.py",
line 58, in __new__
    (repostype, reqtype)
Exception: 'Maildir' repository not supported for remote repositories.

No debug messages were logged for Account sync local2skwar.

Could you please show a short snippet from an offlineimaprc,
were Maildir is used as the "local" repository and Gmail or IMAP
is the "remote" repository? Ie. where the transfer goes from
Maildir → to Gmail/IMAP?

Thanks a lot,

Alexander
--