Offlineimap 6.3.3-rc1 hangs

Vincent Beffara vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr
Mon Mar 28 08:57:31 UTC 2011

Hi,

>> Well if it runs in the background and is semantically correct, that's
>> a minor issue. But still, faster would be better ...

SS> Try to remove all calls to debug() in imaputil.py and time your
SS> syncs before and after, I would be interested to see if you see
SS> improvements.

I'm afraid there is no measurable change here removing debug()
calls. Still 100% CPU use by python for the same time as before.

SS> If that is the case, we would have one more reason to more to a real
SS> logging system. (my favorite would be python's logging module).

We don't need more reasons for that, just more manpower ;-)

   /v

--
|                 |   UMPA - ENS Lyon   | Mél: vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr |
| Vincent Beffara |  46 allée d'Italie  | Tél: (+33) 4 72 72 85 25  |