Increase Gmail compatability patch

Fri Mar 25 09:17:39 GMT 2011

Here is a patch that increases compatability with the broken Gmail imap
implementation and restores the capability to upload messages to Gmail
(at least working for me). It is based against current master and I
would consider it good to get it into the next release, or Gmail will
basically be unsupported.

I am not very sympathetic to workaround broken IMAP implementations, but
at this patch does not do anything extremly hacky or dirty, I think it
should be fine to go in.

Patch comes as reply to this mail.