Offlineimap 6.3.3-rc1 hangs

Ethan Glasser-Camp glasse at cs.rpi.edu
Thu Mar 17 15:55:55 GMT 2011

On 03/17/2011 11:38 AM, Vincent Beffara wrote:
> ... yep, first hanging commit is the one where imaplib2 gets activated,
> 1bf4bee5e630521c50e79081cea82195826a36bb (the previous one does not run,
> and the previous one works fine).
I saw hangs like this sometimes when I was working on the imaplib2
branch. In fact, that's the failure mode I saw when Sebastian forgot to
apply "patch 5", the one that removed read(), readline(), and
_read_upto() from the IMAP4_SSL class. (So don't use any commit before
197030da1aad3a4d5b0ae343fcf0feeced077e5d. I was already convinced this
was an imaplib2-related bug.)

But I see that neither of these connections is SSL (and anyhow the
commit got merged).

Is this maybe related to the weird read() implementation in UsefulIMAP4
(imapserver.py)? Can you maybe try to delete that and see what happens?

I'm in #offlineimap if you're willing to try a bunch of other
hare-brained ideas to try to get to the bottom of this.

Ethan