Can't Ctrl+C abort offlineimap if -1 option given

Tue Mar 22 09:54:40 GMT 2011

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:26:27 +0100, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> When I push Ctrl+C (or even sind a kill -TERM / kill -15 to the process),
> NOTHING happens.
>
> This seems to be realted to the "-1" option. Without this option, I can
> kill the process just fine.

Good catch, but a difficult to solve one I guess. This seems related to
the introduction of imaplib2. Currently, a Ctrl-C invokes a signal
handler, terminating the program. However, in singlethreaded mode, when
we exit the main code path, imaplib2 seems to fail to clean up properly
and hangs waiting for some lock to be released (from what I could
gather).

I wonder how we can solve this best. Revert to always use a different
single thread for syncing would be one option. (With imaplib2 we won't
ever be truly singlethreaded anymore anyway)

Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with imaplib2 to say how and why
there should be such lockups happening.

But thanks for the heads up, I'll see what I can do.