Hooks and multiple accounts.

Tue May 3 13:04:40 UTC 2011

On Tue, 3 May 2011 10:40:31 +0200, David Soulayrol wrote:
> Hello.

Hello.

> I'm using offlineimap with imapfilter and mailcheck to handle all my
> mailboxes. When I only had one account configured, I used to call
> imapilter from the presynchook and mailcheck from the postsynchook.
> Now that offlineimap is configured with more accounts and since they
> are handled in parallel, I can't be sure that imapfilter will have
> processed everything before one account is being synchronized, or that
> mailcheck will provide up-to-date information.

I have to admit that I don't really get your problem. The 1 account case
is crystal clear. In the multi-account case, you have a per-account
pre|postsynchook.

What is the problems? Different accounts work on different IMAP servers,
so having different imapfilter instances running simultanously shouldn't
be a problem, right?
As for mailcheck, I have no idea what that solves, but as you cannot
sync into the same Maildir repository from separate accounts, I don't
see how running those in parallel would hurt in any case.

You might need to give some more details on your setup.

If you want to make sure one presynchook has run before everything else
runs, you can also disable multithreading and have the presynchook in
the first account (at the expense of some performance).