[ANNOUNCE] OfflineIMAP v6.3.3 and v6.3.2.2 released

Wed May 4 12:46:44 UTC 2011

On Wed, 04 May 2011 13:14:49 +0200, Antoine Levitt <antoine.levitt at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry if this may be a stupid question, but I am new to using git, and
> > new to using offlineimap.
> >
> > Is there any documentation on the different git branches available at
> > <https://github.com/nicolas33/offlineimap>? Which branch is used for
> > what?

If someone wrote up a nice text on how to checkout various branches from
git, I'd love to put that onto our website. Any takers?

as for releases, yes "git checkout <tagname>" will work. Usually, you can
also just use the default "master" branch (which you will get after a
git clone), which is latest stable + some important for future version.

> Yes, I'd like to know this too. In particular, which branch can I use to
> get the idle code? I tried pu, but it crashed with

AFAIK, the idle code is in no usable form in any branch, you'd have to
extract some patches from the pu branch. But don't  quote me on that or
ask how to :-). Nicolas is our git wizard here...